SEE US AT CONCORD MARKET DAYS We will be on South Main Street
By the Coop Food Store June 22, 23, 24
Coach #XIV will be there for you to see
The Oldest Remaining Coach?
This coach which is in the Yarmouth County Museum in Yarmouth, Nova Scotia is probably the oldest surviving Concord Coach built by the Abbot & Downing Companies. It has the only known example of a makers tag reading “Downing & Abbot” . Both jump seats are marked with the serial number “XXXI”, 31 in Roman numerals. The coach has been repaired in several areas where it suffered damage in the many years it was in use. It was used on a run from Yarmouth to Tusket, a distance of about a dozen miles. The first runs were in the 1860s and it remained in service until 1923, more that 60 years.
Concord Coach #XIV Built by L. Downing & Sons in 1850 in Concord, NH. A nine passenger mail coach in beautiful restored condition.